Tuesday, December 6, 2005

the water and the light


If you've ever read Henry Miller's "The Colossus of Marroussi" you will understand my fascination with the Greek landscape and the sunlight. Miller's loveletter to the hot Hellenic stone beaten down upon by this heavenly light...

Although my pictures are of rather foggy wintry days, you see how crisply illuminated the landscape is.

The water takes on mythical proportions - it tastes almost creamy, like how a vinaigrette is oil and vinegar combined to make this kind of lemak feel in the gullet. The nearest I've tasted was here in Malaysia. No, not the drain water we call our drinking water (is it even fluoridated? my kid has caries though I suspect the guiltily-glugged-behind-mama's-back cola could be the culprit). It was from a green plastic bottle-full of zam zam water brought back from Mecca by a friend of ours recently.

So, like, I'm having problems uploading? So... you'll just have to wait for my next round in the ring with the jpegs from hell.

Lovey, C

2 comments:

Edwin Sumun said...

Wah, you really went for gold with the covers!

Thank you for blogging. You always bring a smile to my face when I see you. And we don't see each other that much.

So, it's great that I'm your biggest fan on goldenorororow. Just reading your words is good enough. ;)

(Na'a's cover is HOT!)

mamasan said...

I know!!! I didn't know what Isma was going to do with the naaster, but I think it is one of the best!

Good night Derwin... and thanks for the kind words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails