Monday, September 15, 2008

I have been tagged and I found out by accident (unless my name happens to be someone else's as well)

Gosh, and doesn't this quiz thingy come at such a fantastic time for me!?!

1. Job:
Writer for TV and Film. Also producer for Actorlympics. Currently, mostly free and the usual mother stuff. Looking to go into something different, but the seeds are still germinating.

2. Best Sartorial advice from my parents:
They lead by example. My mum has some glorious vintage stuff. I used to love posing in her gold and clear mesh pumps, gosh they made my otherwise ugly feet look good. I stole a couple of plaid oversized blazers from my dad which i used to wear with denim cutoffs, tanktop and Dr Martins boots. I was a mannish dresser as a post-teen. I also developed a love for sewing my own stuff, which my mum's sister has made a bit of a living out of in the past. However, I have little real talent in that, only passion!

3. Style icons:
Nina Garcia, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Victoria Beckham. Nothing links them in style as much as their confidence and love of gorgeous, artistic clothes.

4. Describe your personal style:
As a mum on an early school run, I tend to slap on whatever I can find in the morning - t-shirts, shorts, crocs. My style really comes to the fore when it's a special event - and here I like clean flowing lines and stunning accessories like great earrings, bracelets or shoes. Because I am a big girl, I tend to find necklaces fussy and claustrophobic. When I am working, I steer clear of heels and almost always am in jeans, a blousey top or shirt, and a huge handbag. I have recently discovered sunglasses and wonder what I ever did without them.

5. I build my daily look around:
Comfort. I wish I built it more around making a sartorial statement.

6. Personal style quirk:
Love big rings.

7. Favorite designers:
Michael Kors, Christian Dior, Valentino, Naeem Khan, Betsey Johnson, Vivienne Westwood.

8. Most cherished item:
It's a toss up between my Guess shoes and my mother's gold ring.

9.I feel best wearing?
Clothes that make me look taller and held together.

10.The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist’s outfit …
Shape and how the clothes fit the form. Although I cringe at busy colours and textures, I respond very well when done with chic effortlessness. As usual, it is always about confidence.

11.I always break this fashion rule.
Yup. VPL. There's nothing nice about feeling a g-string, or seeing one for that matter. All I can think of is what kind of washing they would need. Put your ass-flossers away, girls!

12.I never break this fashion rule.
Chanel's advice to look in the mirror and take off one thing before stepping out the door.

13.Never caught wearing?
A onesie. Jumpsuits are for BABIES.

14.Dress to impress who?
Myself, and other shoe lovers.

15.Favorite stores?
Oz ztores such as Portmans, Sportsgirl and Sussan's just love the big girls, so I love them too. Here in KL, Dorothy Perkins, M&S and Robinson's for sizes, style and comfort. You'd be surprised what staples you can find at Jusco, Brand Outlets, and FOS.

16.Your next “must have” purchase?
Nina Garcia's Little Black Book of Style. Rachel Zoe's Style from A to Zoe.

17.I only buy __________ in Europe.
Food, Magazines and Shoes

18.I splurge on…..
Magazines and Shoes.

19.Favorite item of clothing:
My M&S Black and White Faux Wrap Dress.

20.Most stylish city (Milan, Paris, London, New York, other)
New York.

21.When I was in high school I wore?
Shorts, T-Shirts, Pencil Skirts and tight sweaters with graphic, geometric patterns. My pants were all the wrong cut - elasticised waists and cropped at the ankles. ugh.

22.Sports?
Netball, tennis, swimming. Like, fifteen years ago. Nowadays I'm more into stretching, lounging and remote controlling.

23.Favorite fashion magazine?
Instyle, Bazaar, Vogue.

24.Favorite vacation spot?
Greece. Singapore. Kota Kinabalu. When I get over my fear of flying.

25.Favorite neighborhood restaurant?
La Risata, Alexis, Little Penang Kafe, Marmalade, Spring Garden.

1 comment:

shamaine said...

yes..i meant you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails